Artco, Inc (US); Relocate to Rexburg, ID or surrounding area. 2/4/2014
Artco, Inc, one of more than 90 business units and part of the Taylor Corporation—one of the largest printers in the North America, has an immediate opening for an Electrician.
** This position is located in Rexburg, ID **
Summary for Electrician:
Maintains offices, buildings/plant facilities, and company grounds. Repairs building facilities; troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment. Duties include one or more of the following: Performs technical maintenance and repairs on building facilities and/or specific equipment. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures/OSHA guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of Electrician. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment;
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment;
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in accordance with OSHA requirements;
- Advises machine operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components;
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved;
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment;
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed;
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting; and
- Assists and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
QUALIFICATIONS for Electrician:
The preferred candidate will possess the requirements listed below:
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE for Electrician:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Well organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Observe safety and security procedures
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES for Electrician:
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician Certification required;
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields, and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Leadership—demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others;
Benefits for Electrician:
- Interpersonal: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to remain pleasant under extreme pressure and during difficult circumstances. Ability to be cheerful, trustworthy, loyal to those who are absent;
- Self-driven and motivated; well organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously;
- Problem analysis and resolution: Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Must be highly safety conscious;
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes;
- Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are helpful;
- Demonstrate respect for the potential and significance of every individual on the team;
- Demonstrate passion for customers and our work;
- Believe that there is Always a Better Way (ABW); and
- Embrace personal, as well as shared responsibility and accountability.
Status and Work Schedule:
- Health & Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid vacations & holidays
- Paid bi-weekly
- Sick Pay
- Special Discounts at Company and Parent Company and affiliate locations
- Opportunity for Educational Reimbursement
Status: Full-time Regular
Work Schedule: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, M-Fri, with occasional Saturdays as necessary
If you enjoy celebrating life’s milestones, you’ll enjoy working at Artco, Inc.
Why Rexburg, ID? – It’s an Outdoor Enthusiast’s Paradise!
Rexburg has been ranked 11th of the top 100 safest cities in America for 2013 . Rexburg is home to BYU-Idaho, the largest university in terms of full-time students in Idaho, and is part of the largest private university in the U.S. Current student population is over 15,000 and growing.
Rexburg offers a wide variety of recreation, historical, and family-friendly living.
You’ll also find this to be a great area for Camping, Picnicking, Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, Snowmobiling, and much, much more. Rexburg is just an hour and a half west of Jackson Hole, WY , home to the number one rated ski resort in the U.S. Rexburg is just two hours from Grand Teton National Park , one of the most photographed landscapes in the world; Rexburg is just under an hour and a half drive to Yellowstone National Park , the world’s largest collection of natural geysers, and home to grizzly bears, wolves, and herds of buffalo and elk.
In any season, Rexburg, Idaho is truly the place for families to live, laugh and play .
How to Apply:
Apply online at http://tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=ARTCO&cws=1 . Please attach cover letter and resume. Candidate selected must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen.
If you have a disability and require assistance completing the online application, please contact the Human Resources Department at 208-359-1000 ext. 59119.
Artco, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace, and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Artco - 11 months ago