Electrician – |
Full-time position available at the Physical Plant. The Electrician maintains electrical systems of campus facilities in service to students, staff and visitors. This position reports to the Assistant Director of the Physical Plant.
• Inspect and test electrical lighting, power circuits and equipment
• Isolate defective wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment, using suitable testing equipment
• Examine and test elements of electrical systems to locate faults such as blown fuses, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, failed lamp ballast and worn motor brushes
• Replace faulty switches outlets, plugs, fuses, insulators, and other elements of electrical systems and appliances
• Inspect the work sites to determine materials, tool requirements and methods of repair
• Plan, lay out, install and assemble materials and fixtures required by scope of the work
• Perform more advanced and detailed functions in maintenance and repair of electrical equipment
• Work safely, efficiently and independently on work assignments
• Accept other duties as assigned
Critical Physical Demands:
• Frequently required to lift 20-45 pounds
• Occasionally assist with moving heavy equipment
• Occasionally assist with grounds work
• Frequently required to lift 50-100 pounds with assistance
• Frequently able to stand, walk and climb stairs
• Frequently able to climb and work on ladders
• Frequently able to grasp and perform fine manipulation
• Frequently work overhead
• Frequently able to push and pull
• Frequently able to stoop, kneel and bend
• Position is considered essential and must report to work, if possible, when the institution is closed due to extreme weather conditions and emergency closings.
• Exterior working conditions are a frequent part of this position
• Must be able to read and write
• Basic math skills needed
• The ability to read NEC Electrical Code and schematic plans. Must be able to read meters and electrical and schematic plans
• Ability to obtain Kentucky state licensure as an electrician within two years of hire.
Education and Preferred Experience: High School or equivalent required. Technical school preferred. Years of validated experience may be substituted for technical training. 6 years of experience and journeyman licensure preferred. Understanding of electrical principles and their application to the maintenance, repair, and installation of electrical distribution systems, devices, and electrical generating systems. Expertise in the application and use of testing equipment utilized in checking, testing, and analyzing electrical systems such as volt-amp meters, multi-meter, voltage testers, and phase and rotation tester. Knowledge of regulatory codes and requirements of National Electric Code. Some familiarity with life systems and components preferred, including fire alarms and fire alarm panels.
Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam, drug screen and background check. A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the university’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
To apply, please submit signed employment application and resume to the Human Resources office.
Posted: 2/27/2014 Deadline: Until filled
Asbury University - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard -