Maintains the normal and emergency electrical systems of the facility in a reliable and safe working condition. Performs maintenance and urgent corrective and routine repairs of the electrical systems and equipment for the hospital and its off-campus facilities. Installs and repairs electrical wiring, fixtures, and control equipment. Performs security related duties as required.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Valid State of Illinois vehicle driver's license.
- Graduate of high school or trade school.
- Extensive knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Five years electrical maintenance experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills are necessary to understand instructions, medical terminology, and concepts.
- Communications skills in order to talk with a patient, family, and hospital staff.
- Manual dexterity and motor coordination to work with patients and equipment.
- Ability to use proper body mechanics in lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgment in times of need and emergency situations.
Kishwaukee Community Hospital
- 12 months ago - save job