To install, alter, maintain and repair emergency power systems, electrical systems, UPS systems and electrical equipment, fixtures, tools, and appliances.
Unusual Working Conditions:
The work is physical and requires a certain degree of agility to bend, reach, stoop, climb and work in uncomfortable positions. Work requires lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials and equipment.
Installs, alters, maintains and repairs emergency power systems, electrical systems, UPS systems and a wide variety of electrical equipment, fixtures, tools and appliances. Electrical systems include single and three phase with 120, 208, 277 and 480 volts, signal circuits, control circuits, and low voltage systems. May be designated by management as Lead/Forman of team.
Diagnoses problems, malfunctions, or design alterations to emergency power systems, electrical systems or electrical equipment, fixtures, tools and appliances.
Follows work schedules and reads and interprets directions, blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, and manufacturer manuals to complete assigned projects in effective, efficient manner.
Reviews documentation and blueprints of external contractors, architects and engineers to assist with contract development. Inspects work of external contractors for quality and adherence to specifications.
Plans installation, alteration and repair projects ensuring adherence to safety rules and regulations.
Provides technical guidance to employees in other trade areas.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Virginia State Journeyman's license for electricians
* Experience that demonstrates thorough knowledge, skill and successful performance of job functions at the journeyman level
* Successful completion of the Apprenticeship Program for electricians or formal training equivalent
* Valid Driver's license
* Thorough knowledge of local, state and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) National Electrical Code (NEC)
* Knowledge of the tools, mathematics, codes, materials and safety regulations associated with the electrical trade
* Ability to work from ladders, platforms and hard to reach areas
* Ability to read and interpret work schedules and directions, blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings and manufacturer manuals
* Ability to work independently and as a team member to gain the cooperation of others
* Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
* Ability to lift, move, and set-up tools, equipment and furniture weighing in excess of 50lbs
* Extensive commercial electrical maintenance experience
* High school diploma or equivalent
TBD (must have 24 hour availability)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal Credit Union values, celebrates and enacts diversity in the workplace. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Navy Federal Credit Union - 19 months ago
"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the...