The BMAH Electronic Medical Records Assistant will be responsible for the management of all BMAH medical records. This will include the electronic filing of all supporting medical documents within the Impromed medical record system, ordering of supplies, sending records to clients and hospitals, and acting as a liaison between multiple departments and hospitals.
Education and Qualifications:
- Monitor designated email boxes, fax machines, and record filing locations and retrieve medical record documents; Scan and link documents into Impromed following standardized naming and storage protocols
- Upload Antech files from Zoasis into Impromed Medical Records
- File all paper medical records into patient charts as needed
- File all client paperwork into charts as needed
- Perform duplicate client account consolidations
- Manage all medical records – filing, ordering new charts as necessary, manage purging of archived charts and deceased patient medical records
- Create and follow protocols for archiving and purging patient medical records
- Complete transfer of medical records and/or client accounts between Bergh and other functional areas (Adoptions, Spay/Neuter operations, Owner Relinquish, etc)
- Monitor inflow and outflow of physical medical records for internal patients (Adoptions; Spay/Neuter)
- Work with managers to identify need for and create Impromed Forms to replace paper forms
- Working with department managers, continue to innovate paperless process
- Assist with special projects as requested
- Provide support to BMAH CSR staff during any downtime
- High school diploma required
- Must type at least 60 WPM
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with clients and staff; be a team player.
- Must work well with or without direct supervision.
- Experience with Impromed Infinity Medical Records module preferred
- Must have experience working with the public, i.e. restaurant, retail or service business
- Experience in a veterinary hospital or other medical office preferred
We encourage a candidate who demonstrates outstanding inter-personal communication and the ability to work in a team environment or independently, with a high degree of integrity and accountability. This position welcomes a candidate with a sense of humor that can balance flexibility and enthusiasm and thrives on detail!!
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; ability to be concise and thorough
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including fluency with Microsoft Office including database software, email, scanning software, and Internet searches
- Ability to identify and differentiate medical documents such as lab reports, examination notes, medical discharges, radiology reports, etc.
If interested please email resume cover letter and salary requirements to http://www.aspca.org/jobs Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.
ASPCA - 23 months ago
This group watches out for Fidos, Fluffies, and other furry friends all across the country. The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention...