Manages the EFT, Wire Transfer and Item Processing functions of the Operations department. Ensures timely, accurate and compliant transaction processing and issue resolution consistent with the Operations department service standards and performance goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages all components of ACH, Item Processing, and Wire Transfer, including systems management
· Sets productivity and service goals for the department
· Provides oversight and training of staff on processes, regulations, and internal controls.
· Ensures that Operations participates timely and appropriately in the reconcilement of all general ledger funds management accounts.
· Ensures adjustments to member accounts for Government Reclamation Notifications, Death Notice Entries (DNEs) and/or unauthorized ACH transactions are completed in accordance with regulations
· Coordinates the daily processing of Share Draft clearing and ensures compliant decisions of “pay/no-pay” items within guidelines. Ensures processing of Return Deposit Items is completed timely each day
· Ensures daily processing of mailed deposits, loan payments and manual payrolls is completed to meet all department accuracy and service levels
· Confers with Retail Directors regarding ACH/IP service delivery and the development of new or enhanced ACH/IP processes
· Prepares annual budget projections for the department, operates within its guidelines and monitors departmental performance in order to operate within SCCU financial objectives
· Thorough knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance as related to retail product delivery and maintenance including ACH, FRB, and BSA/AML regulations. Knowledge of NACHA rules and regulations.
5-7 years prior experience in a financial institution in the Operations area with specific experience in some combination of EFT, ACH, Wire and Item Processing. Minimum 2 years in Management position required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education and Training:
ACH Accredited Professional (AAP) is required, or will be obtained within 365 days of employment date (SCCU will pay for first AAP exam, if incumbent does not pass exam on first attempt, second attempt will be at incumbent’s expense. If 2 nd attempt is unsuccessful then incumbent will not meet criteria for continued employment in this position). Two-year College or Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
Space Coast Credit Union (SCCU) is a member-owned cooperative with nearly 65 branches in the Sunshine State. Membership is open to all who...