SimplexGrinnell, is a recognized leader in the manufacture, sales and service of state-of-the-art monitor and control systems for fire alarm, integrated security (access control, CCTC, intrusion alarm), communications, nurse call, portable fire extinguishers, suppression and sprinkler fire protection systems.
Perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites. Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers including Simplex. Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals. Manage daily call activity and program system products, including networking and programming. Assist customers with all questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
Minimum 4 years experience in the installation of low voltage systems, including Fire/Life Safety Systems, Access Control Systems, Nurse Call Systems, Paging Systems, High-Rise Smoke Control Systems, School Clock Systems, and Telephone Systems.
- Must have fundamental knowledge of electricity. (i.e.: Ohm's law, resistance and AC/DC circuits)
- Able to work on ladders and scaffolding, work with power tools, and hand tools.
- Working knowledge of fire alarm systems, both conventional and addressable.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, battery analyzer, frequency meter, decibel meter, and communication devices.
- Nicet 2 preferred
- California State Certification required
Installation & Service
Jan 14, 2013
Tyco - 19 months ago
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...