Richardson, TX Facility
We are searching for an TEMP Electrical Technician I (PART-TIME) perform testing of highly complex radio frequency (RF) and microwave hardware, to exact specifications, using RF and electronics test equipment following established test procedures. Depending of position level, duties may include:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
• Conducting in-process and final electronic verification testing of electronic components, assemblies, and sub-assemblies using RF and electronics test equipment (e.g. power meter, network/scaler analyzer, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and function generator)
• Tuning and aligning circuitry into specification compliance by adjusting and modifying circuit elements
• Calibrating test stations
• Identifying potential production issues, including manufacturing defects, troubleshooting and drafting recommendations
• Drafting Engineering Changes Orders (ECO’s) and rework instructions
• Championing parts from engineering to production
• Optimizing new single function engineering designs as well as upgrading and optimizing
• Reviewing pre-production hardware; performing failure analysis
• Prototyping new designs under Engineering direction
• Assisting in the development of Automated Test Equipment (ATE) programs
• Performing mechanical assembly of intricate RF and microwave components
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
• Knowledge and skills typically associated with an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or military equivalent. Related RF/Microwave experience is strongly preferred, required for higher level positions.
• Entry level to advanced experience with design development, production, testing, inspection, and servicing
• Entry level to advanced knowledge of electronic skills, including S-parameters and RF theory
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot potential production issues, including manufacturing defects, conduct failure analyses and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
• Knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and knowledge of a drawing program such as Fastlook or Anzio
Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
If you are an individual with a disability which requires assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can accommodate your situation by contacting HR at 858-505-3400.
Cobham Defense Systems is Equal Employment Opportunity Employer