Vessel Control System (Kongsberg ICMS)
- Comply with all Ensco HSE policies as outlined in Ensco's QSMS document.
- Performs Preventive and Corrective maintenance of all onboard electronic equipment including but not limited to:
Thruster Control System (K-Thrust)
Dynamic Positioning System (Kongsberg K-Pos) including reference systems
F&G/ESD System (Kongsberg AIM Safe)
Drilling Control and Instrumentation (NOV DCDA & SDI)
BOP control systems
Navigation and Communications (Internal and external)
CCTV and entertainment systems
All PLC systems (Including crane controls, HVAC controls, etc.)
Rig network computers and servers
- Coordinate all maintenance with other departments to ensure minimum impact on operations involving critical equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex ship and drilling control systems and facilitates repairs down to the lowest replaceable unit, to include some component level repairs
- Documents equipment historical data for the purpose of reliability analysis and planning necessary upgrades.
- Provides a handover to oncoming ET to ensure seamless transition of work during tour changes and works over at the request of the Chief ET when necessary
- Maintains integrity of EX instrumentation installations in hazardous locations and conducts periodic inspections of same.
- Keeps a current and accurate registry of all software installed in ships control systems and drilling control systems, maintaining the current revision in hard copy and on the dedicated maintenance terminal for each machine.
- Maintains adequate spare parts for systems in his area of responsibility to ensure minimal downtime and performs periodic inventory of same.
- Operates, maintains and keeps calibration certificates current for all electronic test equipment.
- Reviews power one line diagrams to determine proper isolation of equipment for maintenance purposes.
- Makes ET department weekly maintenance system entries to document work done including Preventive and Corrective actions.
- Performs ET department daily checks filling out the checklist for submission to the Chief ET.
- Maintains cleanliness and housekeeping in his areas of responsibility.
- Participates in weekly Stop tour with all ET Department Personnel selecting a different area each week.
- Keep written hand-over notes to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information
- Attend Company training as outlined in the Training Matrix for NSA BUGOM
- High school diploma or educational equivalent is required.
- Associate's degree in electronic technology or related educational equivalent from an accredited technical school, trade school, or institute is desirable.
Skills - Technical:
Skills - Communication:
- Must have 2 or more years of experience as an Electronic Technician on a drilling vessel.
- Has experience reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with both digital and analog electronic systems is required.
Skills - People:
- Verbal communication skills necessary.
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials, and Other Requirements:
- Ability to interact with individuals in a cross-cultural environment.
- Team oriented.
Complete competency requirements IAW Ensco Competence Manual (Ensco-04-01 Section 2.6.5)
- Offshore survival and medical certificates as mandated by government regulations are required.
- Certified in all required safety training programs, including but not limited to underwater safety, fire fighting, and helicopter underwater escape.
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
Must be eligible to work in US without work visa sponsorship
ENSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
3- Rig Base Rotators
Ensco International - 11 months ago