Job Title: Electronic Technician
Hours: 60-80 hours per week
Pay: $28-$30 per hour
Assignment Type: Temporary
Location of Job: Bakersfield or Ventura, California (traveling to and from these
- Repair and maintain electric, electronic, and computer based equipment according to company quality and safety standards.
- Repair and troubleshoot electrical, electronic, and computer based equipment and systems located on trucks, in electronic shop and laboratory
- Assist mechanical technicians in repairing electrical problems
- Attend monthly safety and operations improvement meetings
- Operate computers and technical software to calibrate electronic and computer equipment
- Perform periodic maintenance on selected electronics equipment
- Develop skills and knowledge in operating company equipment to enable electronic testing troubleshooting
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the company.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs in the district
- Recommend improvements in electrical and electronic equipment in order to improve operating efficiency
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
- 5-8 years experience with high voltage control systems
- Specific experience with ABB CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Able to document a high quality safety record
- Own tools a plus but not required
- Comply with all governmental regulations, industry standards and observes all health, safety and environmental policies to reduce environmental impacts.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5-10 years experience
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check
Applicant will be subject to a drug screen as a condition of employment
Applicant will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Report
A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employ-ability.
Interested candidates must apply via our website. Please click on the link below to apply. Candidates will be required to complete a position survey. Candidates that pass this survey will be further considered for the position and will complete the application process.
SOS Employment Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates diversity at all levels of its organization.
SOS Employment Group
- 2 years ago - save job
When a small or midsized business is short on labor, SOS Staffing Services answers the call for help. Founded in 1973, the company provides...