To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to effectively use electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, power supplies, etc, in order to perform diagnostics on electronic circuit boards and components. The individual must be able to use computers and have an understanding of word processing and spread sheets. The entry of data and the corresponding analysis of information derived from testing, repairs, and calibrations will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform tests for engineering when required.
- Repair controllers returned by customers.
- Process RG (Returned Goods) documentation.
- Perform incoming inspection on electronic components and assemblies.
- Calibrate production test stands.
- Build prototype PC boards and component assemblies for engineering.
- Operate electronic testing equipment, such as multi-meters, power supplies, controllers, etc.
- Perform electronic repair, including but not limited to, replacing electronic components, soldering, hard wiring, and minor mechanical repair.
- Assemble PC boards and small electronic assemblies as needed to assist engineering and production.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must have the ability to understand and implement equipment and circuit board testing using electronic diagnostic instruments. Some of the diagnostics will involve solid state electronics. This will, in turn, require a strong background in electrical concepts such as voltage, current and resistance, etc. and a working knowledge of electronic and solid state design.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or equivalent plus two years electronic technical education or two years of recent experience as an electronics technician.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Small to medium size manufacturer of valves & controllers for the shot peening industry. EI’s products are used worldwide in...