Dye Precision, Inc., the action sports industry leader, is seeking a full-time Electronics Engineer. The Electronics Engineer will lead the visual and audio communications projects for information and audio systems for paintball and snow goggles, protective helmets and aviation products. As a member of the technical staff, the Electronics Engineer is responsible for the design of new electronic products up to full production; to include specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
• Test electronics units using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance.
• Maintain system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment.
• Proficient in computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment.
• Evaluate operational systems, prototypes and proposals and recommend repair or design modifications, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities.
• Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, or systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, or applicable codes or regulations.
• Design electronic circuits and components for use in fields such as telecommunications, acoustics, or instruments and controls.
• Provide technical direction, prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
• Design and test electronic products. Write test procedures and reports.
• Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products.
• Provides technical support to Sales and Marketing for bids and proposals.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in electronic design with electronic circuit technology assembly processes (analog, digital and/or high voltage design).
• Experience in providing engineering support to electronic maintenance and modification systems, and in establishing processes/guidelines for electric design. Experience working with analog circuit simulation tools, i.e., PSPICE.
• Analytical or scientific software — Cadence PSpice; Mentor Graphics ModelSim; Root cause analysis software; The MathWorks MATLAB.
• Computer aided design (CAD) software.
• Data base user interface and query software.
• Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic; National Instruments LabVIEW.
DYE PRECISION, INC. is an amazing and exciting place to work. We offer health and dental benefits, paid time off, company events, discounts on DYE products, and a casual dress code. If you have the background and qualifications we’re looking for, and the attitude to succeed, we’d love to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume/job experience through Malakye. This position is located in the Scripps/Poway area of San Diego and relocation is not provided.
Malakye.com - 14 months ago