Dye Precision, Inc., the action sports industry leader, is seeking a full-time Electronics Engineer. The Electronics Engineer will lead the visual and audio communications projects for information and audio systems for paintball and snow goggles, protective helmets and aviation products. As a member of the technical staff, the Electronics Engineer is responsible for the design of new electronic products up to full production; to include specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Test electronics units using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance.
- Maintain system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment.
- Proficient in computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment.
- Evaluate operational systems, prototypes and proposals and recommend repair or design modifications, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities.
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, or systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, or applicable codes or regulations.
- Design electronic circuits and components for use in fields such as telecommunications, acoustics, or instruments and controls.
- Provide technical direction, prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
- Design and test electronic products. Write test procedures and reports.
- Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products.
- Provides technical support to Sales and Marketing for bids and proposals.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in electronic design with electronic circuit technology assembly processes (analog, digital and/or high voltage design).
- Experience in providing engineering support to electronic maintenance and modification systems, and in establishing processes/guidelines for electric design. Experience working with analog circuit simulation tools, i.e., PSPICE.
DYE PRECISION, INC. is an amazing and exciting place to work. We offer health and dental benefits, paid time off, company events, discounts on DYE products, and a casual dress code. If you have the background and qualifications we’re looking for, and the attitude to succeed, we’d love to hear from you.
- Analytical or scientific software — Cadence PSpice; Mentor Graphics ModelSim; Root cause analysis software; The MathWorks MATLAB.
- Computer aided design (CAD) software.
- Data base user interface and query software.
- Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic; National Instruments LabVIEW.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume/job experience through Malakye. This position is located in the Scripps/Poway area of San Diego and relocation is not provided.
Malakye.com - 19 months ago