Streamlight, Inc., a leading manufacturer of portable lighting equipment, is committed to providing the most innovative and highest value portable lighting equipment to those who use a light as a professional, recreational, or domestic tool. We are seeking an Electronics Engineer who will be responsible for developing new lighting advancements and battery technologies.
Streamlight is located in a newer facility in a beautiful setting in Eagleville, PA. We offer a superb benefits package including competitive salary, 100% paid medical and dental for you and your family, summer hours, 401k with a 100% match up to 6%, ten paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, PTO and more.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops electronic circuits for new products and modifications to existing products, including specifying components manufacturers, values and tolerances.
- Develops small, efficient battery-powered switching circuits for LED driving and battery charging.
- Develops low current drain circuits for battery operation.
- Programs PIC microcontrollers in machine language and C code.
- Cooperates with production in development of efficient assembly procedures.
- Assists with initial production line start-up and provides support as needed.
- Conducts environmental testing of products.
- Performs fault analysis of components for UL certification.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering AND a minimum of 2 years of demonstrated work performance in product circuit design.
- Experience working with consumer/electronic products.
- High degree of ingenuity and skill in the design, prototyping and testing of small analog, digital and microprocessor based circuits, e.g., low power switch-mode voltage and current regulators, in thru-hole and surface mount assemblies.
- Proficient with Eagle PCB and schematic software.
- Proficient in the use of application software and associated hardware relating to PCB layout and microprocessor firmware development.
- Must have ability to work independently with rough sketches and oral instructions with limited guidance.
- Knowledge of proper use of laboratory equipment such as oscilloscope, chart recorders, thermocouples and power supplies for testing and evaluation of electronic circuitry.
Resumes not clearly detailing the experience to qualify for the position and salary requirements will not be considered. We will not provide reloation assistance for this position. Streamlight is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at: www.streamlight.com