Supports the implementation, programming, updating and /or maintenance of practice management, electronic health record, pharmacy software, and related clinical software systems. Supports the clinical software to ensure availability and functionality providing direct technical support to users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and maintain clinical software systems.
- Assist with building, maintaining and generating reports within the clinical software..
- Perform practice level maintenance, research and testing of systems including generating error reports, maintaining tables, and documenting all system changes and statuses in a complete and thorough manner.
- Research and evaluate Help Desk requests within the scope of the position’s responsibilities, completing prioritized Help Desk requests in a timely manner. Evaluate options and work with users to develop alternates for non-feasible requests.
- Manage assignments to ensure timelines are met.
- Participate in implementation and transition to new software modules and upgrades as needed. Perform testing on new builds and applications during implementation and maintenance phases.
- Attend meetings and work with sites/departments to assist with process improvement, integration and efficiency related to software functionality.
- Assist with workflow redesign and processes as necessary.
Education and/or Experience
- Assist in development of HealthPoint training materials as needed.
- Serve as backup and or provide cross coverage for IS team functions as needed.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or
- three years related healthcare experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced ability to operate computers and related software programs including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, electronic practice management and electronic health record.
- NextGen preferred.
HealthPoint CHC - 9 months ago