- This position is contingent upon task order award.
DRS is looking for resident Technicians at several locations throughout CONUS to perform Emergency. Corrective and Preventive Maintenance on Communication, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, Video Surveillance and Perimeter Intrusion Detection systems. Technicians must reside proximally to the areas of responsibility to ensure minimum response times are met in the event of severe failures that result in system or subsystem inoperability.
DRS seeks a full-time Electronics Technician II to add to our team supporting our Charleston, SC based C4I, FMS, communications and Electronic Security Systems (ESS) programs. The Electronics Technician shall have comprehensive technical knowledge and will be responsible for solving electronic equipment problems.
DRS provide a highly competitive compensation package, education, benefits, challenging work environments, and career advancement opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Basic Qualifications (including education and years of experience required)
- Performs preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance tasks on a variety of electronic security systems and their associated components.
- Provide technical and maintenance support services for installed and operational electronic systems including but not limited to, firmware, software, ancillary equipment, and associated electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, or modify systems in order to bring the required system, sub-system, equipment, or capability back on line.
- Evaluate and review of system equipment inadequacies or failures.
- Work well independently or on very small teams to accomplish maintenance tasking and goals.
- Troubleshoots failed systems/components to find root cause and determine most cost effective solution
- Keeps interior and exterior of enclosures and other system components in a clean and working order
- Maximizes total system uptime by monitoring system performance and making repairs/adjustments as necessary
- Identifies system anomalies including configurations that are not in compliance with policies/specifications
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation for emergency maintenance situations where a 1-hour response time is required
- Adheres to a strict preventative maintenance schedule
- Support the installation of new systems/subsystems
- Programs/configures system software for all new system brought online during the maintenance period
- Participate in acceptance testing with site customer and contract sponsor
- Provides all system administration functions of entire base-wide security system including all associated software, servers, workstations, DVRs, network equipment and records-keeping
- Works proficiently with web based trouble ticket & asset management systems (system)
- Retrieves tasking from and enters actions into system
- Continually improves upon the existing inventory data that resides in the system database
- Technical information, guidance, or procedures to assist in on-site troubleshooting and problem identification
- Technical data for modification or upgrade system configuration due to change in operational procedures.
- System modification or upgrade due to change in operational system programming.
- Routine preventive maintenance (PM) tasks, including alignments, adjustments and calibrations, according to the PM schedule. Efforts may include maintaining on-site maintenance action logs and telephone service call logs.
- Conduct emergency on-site visit to correct or repair electrical, electronic, mechanical interface, system configuration, programming, or network problems and bring equipment/system to full operational status.
- Maintains accurate records of spares inventory in system
- Installs/replaces/relocates system components/subsystems as required by customers
- Provides remedial training to end users on system functionality and best practices
- Uses thorough and professional communication skills
- Keeps customers and internal project management personnel informed of problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinates day-to-day access to facilities/areas with equipment requiring maintenance
NOTE : Experience may be concurrent.
- Education: High School diploma or GED.
- Formal electronics training from: Technical School, or Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or four (4) year electronics apprentice program. Formal electronics training, to include: Installation Tasks, Soldering, Cable Dressing, Cable Tray, Conduit, and Making/Repairing Connectors.
- Experience: Four (4) years of practical experience, to include: electronics repair, maintenance and checkout
- One (1) year practical experience in electronics installation.
- Clearance: Candidates must have a minimum of Secret and be eligible for Top Secret/SCI.
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
Five (5) years of experience installing electronic security systems including:
- Advantor Intrusion Detection System (IDS) equipment
- ADT/Picture Perfect/Diebold
- Vindicator/Ademco/Honeywell IDS Equipment,
- Inovonics Wireless duress
- Visonic Wireless duress
- Linear Wireless duress
- Fiber SenSys fence sensor system
- TASS communications equipment
- STS ground radar
- iCX surveillance equipment; i.e. watch towers
- MicroKey Solutions IDS equipment
- Bosch alarm panels
- Telegard wireless transmitter
- Bosch DiBos CCTV Equipment Digital Video Recording (DVR), matrix switcher
- Bosch Camera Domes, interior and exterior
- IFS transceivers
- Comnet transceivers
- Cisco network equipment
- PELCO DVR, Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) controller, monitors, matrix, and other processing equipment
- PELCO Cameras, interior and exterior, fixed and PTZ
- Philips CCTV monitors
- Honeywell CCTV Equipment
- DITEK lightning Protection Equipment
- DiOPThermal Imaging Camera
- EMX Thermal Imaging Camera
- Sony DVR’s
- Kylmar/VDAS CCTV
- MS Windows Environment
Physical Requirements (lifting, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.)
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND
DRS Technologies, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A., is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to...