This position is located in Wallingford, CT.
Assemble, test, troubleshoot and repair electromechanical devices to defined specifications in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair APS Technology equipment. Interpret test results and provide written recommendations for changes to product design/processes.
- Following written or verbal instruction, assemble products to schematics and/or blueprint specifications using a variety of hand tools including some precision soldering techniques.
- Working with engineering, recommend changes in design, manufacturing procedures and test equipment to improve manufacturability or reliability.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair completed products and field returns as required.
- Use test equipment, power supplies, volt meters and scopes.
- Requisition required parts if kits are incomplete or parts are damaged and enter data into the record keeping system as necessary.
- Keep accurate records of time spent on each item and any problem encountered.
- 3 or more years related technician experience required. Associates Degree or equivalent technical schooling preferred.
- Must be mechanically inclined; able to use hand tools such as gauges, screwdriver; able to read torque.
- Solder splicing and soldering skills required
- Ability to perform all manual assembly and technician operation.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic understanding of electronic components and mechanical assembly techniques
- Ability to read micrometers, verniers, torques and other measuring equipment
- Ability to read complex drawings, schematics and blueprints
How to Apply
APS Technology is a rapidly growing engineering company with expanding offices in Connecticut and Houston, Texas. If you would like to join a dynamic team, please send your resume to this address, or fill out the form below:
7 Laser Lane
Wallingford, CT 06492
APS Technology specializes in the design, development and manufacturing of electromechanical hardware and sensor technology required to...