Qualifications: Associates degree in Electronics or graduate of a U.S. Navy electronics, technical school with three to five years experience in electrical/electronic systems.
Candidate must demonstrate experience with installing, testing, repairing and maintaining electronic analog and digital systems for ASW Combat Systems (with mechanical experience). Experience in data processing, display generation, signal conditioning and signal processing is required. Experience must also be demonstrated in analyzing, testing and certifying Sonar systems. Working level knowledge of LINUX-based computer systems is requested. Knowledge of Submarine Combat Systems (ARCI) SONAR and/or AN/BQH-9 SDRS are a plus.
This position requires a government security clearance up to the TOP SECRET level.
Description of Work: Candidate will be responsible for:
Candidate must be physically qualified to go onboard U.S. Navy vessels. This requires climbing ladders and stairs onboard these vessels. Will also be required to lift, pull or carry items of weight and size commensurate with job requirements.
- Providing engineering support for system improvement and technical insertions. This requires trade-off studies and technical review of current electronic technologies relating to sonar principles and practices. Will provide technical reviews of white papers, concept of operations reports, and decision option papers relating to submarine special operations systems.
- Fabricating and testing components and systems, including cable assemblies, interfaces and test systems as identified in approved TEMPALT data packages.
- Developing installation plans, coordinate and conduct installations of systems and special purpose acoustic augmentation systems, as detailed in TEMPALTs. Installations will be conducted onboard U.S. Navy vessels and other specified platforms. Activities include non-SUBSAFE physical installations, system checkout and final system test and certification.
- Planning, coordinating and administering shipboard system training. This includes briefings and operational and maintenance training.
- Developing and maintain training curriculum and associated material for software and hardware builds.
This position requires extensive travel with minimal notice. Candidate must obtain a valid US Passport.
Candidate must possess good communication and documentation skills; disciplined, self-motivated work ethic; and the ability to thrive within a team environment.
To apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PURVIS Systems - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -