The Electronics Technician I position is an entry-level position for Electronic Technicians joining Sanjel. An Electronic Technician I will be responsible for learning and assisting with the repair, setup, calibration, and testing of the recording and controlling instruments / test equipment used in our four (4) service lines (Cementing, N2, Coil and Fracturing) to control and measure variables such as pressure, flow rate, temperature, and density.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Converse with Field Operators and Supervisors to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown, and determine if breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problems.
- Assist in testing faulty equipment and apply knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction; test electronic components and circuits to locate defects.
- Disassemble malfunctioning instruments or test equipment and assist in examining and testing mechanisms and circuitry for defects; replace or repair defective parts, components and wiring, and adjust mechanical parts.
- Assist in completing repairs on Data Taker, densitometers, Sanjel Auto Mixer (SAM) units, pressure transducers, and 3 rd party products; tests new and repaired instruments.
- Make changes to SAM unit programs to correct offsets for pressure transducers and K-factors for pumps.
- Rebuild and wire field instrumentation as required; may be requested to design and test simple circuits.
- Assist in conducting preventative maintenance on all electronic equipment; inspect instruments and test equipment periodically and adjust calibration to ensure functioning within specified standards.
- Align, adjust, and calibrate equipment according to specifications.
- Enter information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another
- Maintain records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
Calgary staff in data recovery of SAM jobs.
- Assist in carrying out work on new product development projects from manager and/or
Calgary ; construct and assemble test panels for experimental and production testing.
- Drive to remote stations or rigs locations to be on-hand at job site and/or to conduct on-site repairs
The Electronics Technician will be required to perform work inside the shop at the District location, as well as on job sites in the field.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration; and high pressure fluid. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands in fine manipulation, reach with hands and arms, lift up to 70 lbs, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
Please contact a recruiter at 1-800-972-6535 or send your resume to email@example.com
- 2 year technical diploma and 1-2 years experience as an Electronics Technician or related field, or equivalent combination experience and education
- Must be able to travel 25-50% of the time and be available to work a 10 days on, 4 days off schedule with the likelihood of being on-call 24/7
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service attitude
- Strong computer skills; must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanjel Corporation - 2 years ago