is the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We're also a leading employer in our sector-with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today's industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that's embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Electronics Technician based in Sugar Land, Texas
Required Skills and Duties:
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Work with Electrical Engineers to build, test and trouble shoot electronic measurement and electro-mechanical systems used in the evaluation of oil and gas reservoirs.
Additional advantageous skills (but not required):
- Basic understanding of electrical components: op-amps, diodes, transistors, resistors, capacitors, ADC's, micro-controllers, FPGA's, etc.
- Basic knowledge of electrical equations and circuits (Ohm's law, voltage divider, etc.)
- High familiarity with electrical test equipment: multi-meter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.
- Able to build and troubleshoot circuit boards and harnesses using a schematic
- Assists in construction or disassembly of laboratory test units or field test prototypes including processing necessary manufacturing and purchasing paperwork.
- Collects, organizes and prepares short reports on data from tests performed including some data analysis and conclusions.
Work hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, M-F
- Able to write basic LabView applications
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and perform basic mechanical tasks such as drilling and tapping holes in chassis
- Familiar with basic communication buses and protocols: serial, parallel, RS232, I2C, SPI, etc.
Location: North America
Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, it...