Tesla Motors hires highly qualified and dedicated individuals. We keep teams small, so each team member must be among the most technically gifted in his or her field. The people we seek could work anywhere they want and tend to be the most highly prized by their employer.
You must have a genuine passion for electric vehicles and electric propulsion systems. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult. You must thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We are building real products – not presentations: This must excite you. We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, a fun work environment and the opportunity to change the paradigm of human transportation.
Tesla is seeking a versatile Electronics Technician who can work in our R&D lab on vehicle electronics and Infotainment electronics systems.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, a fun work environment and the chance to make a real difference in the environment by changing the paradigm of human transportation. Tesla Motors is an equal opportunity employer.
- Troubleshoot electronic subsystems and vehicle electrical systems.
- Construct, bring-up, debug and rework prototype SMT and PTH printed circuit board assemblies.
- Build and repair wire harnesses and cables.
- Construct and debug test fixtures.
- Assist in debug of electronic modules.
- Troubleshoot electronic subsystems.
- Potentially supervise several electronic technicians.
- Maintain stock of electronic parts and supplies.
- Assist with regulatory testing at local contract laboratories.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. A EU passport or work permit required for this position.
- AS or BS degree in electronics technology or electrical engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in R&D electronics environment.
- Knowledge of Vehicle electrics and electronics a huge plus.
- Great soldering and electronics fabrication skills.
- Mechanical fabrication skills a great plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to the component level on electronic modules.
- Strong sense of quality and craft in work.
- Skill using volt meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, programmable power suppliers.
- Experience with network protocols: CAN, LIN, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
- First aid/AED/CPR training.
- Experience with microprocessor software development.
Tesla Motors - 11 months ago
Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company...