The Electronics Technician works in a team environment with Product Development Engineering on new product development and existing product support initiatives to provide hands-on solutions to electrical and electro-mechanical problems.
Essential Functions :
- Reviews project instructions and schematics to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives and equipment.
- Identifies possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Drafts detail electronics sketches and wiring diagrams for harnesses and electro-mechanical subassemblies. Helps document for component and subassembly production.
- Performs soldering and or crimping to produce cables and wiring harnesses.
- Fabricates and assembles prototype electro-mechanical subassemblies for mechanized engraving and key duplication system. Works with programmers to help test out software.
- Sets up and tests complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving product or test equipment performance.
- Analyzes test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Uses knowledge and experience to resolve operating problems; reports complex problems to supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Uses hand and power tools, soldering equipment, electrical and mechanical measurement equipment.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Minimum two year related Technical Degree required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Minimum four years’ related experience.
- Experience with PLC controls, Visual Basic, C#, .net is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical schematics, and electronics / electro-mechanical troubleshooting
- Strong math skills.
- Able to use a variety of tools to perform the job.