Clayton County Public Schools is seeking applicants for the following position(s): |
Elementary School Nutrition Manager - Mt. Zion Primary
Job Type: School Nutrition Manager
Reports To: Coordinator
Duty Days: 185
Salary: Clayton County Public Schools Salary Scale for 2013-14 School Year - Grade 20 ($24,494)
This position will:
* Oversee and be accountable for the school level food service operation as required by the Federal, State, and Local regulations, policies and procedures.
* Supervise School Nutrition Assistant Manager and Food Assistants at assigned school locations to produce high quality meals.
* Procure inventory for use in the food service operation to include meats, groceries, bread, produce, milk, paper supplies, chemicals, small equipment and office supplies.
* Use designated computer software to generate reports to include point-of-sale reports, receiving goods reports, inventory value reports, menu management reports, quantity recipes, breakfast, lunch and snack cost reports.
* Adhere to the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Principles of receiving, storing, cooking, holding, serving and reheating.
* Conduct a monthly physical inventory of food and supplies.
* Plan and post employee work schedules for staff daily; Plan, post and maintain accurate daily paper work for meal counts, deposits, and production records.
* Follow strict accounting guidelines for money management; verify cash and make deposit of income daily.
* Open and close point-of-sale registers and operate as needed.
* Assist with food preparation, cooking and cleaning when needed.
* Adhere to standardized recipes and adjust to program needs.
* Control traffic in and throughout the kitchen to minimize possible contamination of food, equipment, ice and utensils.
* Secure safety of school property.
Additional Job Information:
* Ability to pass a required physical and background check.
* Ability to operate computers and cash registers for record-keeping, daily point of sale activity and production records.
* Must complete 150 hours of school nutrition manager's "Training in Depth" courses within 5 years.
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in Nutrition, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
* Minimum three (3) years experience in food service or related position in a K-12 public school or large public setting.
* Experience with state-of-the-art point of sale and back-of-the-house software technology is preferred.
* Successful completion of a basic math and food service management skills assessment.
* Must successfully pass the national ServeSafe sanitation and safety certification test.
Education America Network - 7 months ago