Here at Synacor we are passionate about investing in the future of tomorrow’s workforce; we strive to provide students with the opportunity to expand their learning beyond the classroom. The Synacor experience goes beyond anything you’ve learned in a classroom. During your internship, you’ll be working on development assignments in a mentoring environment that will enable you to develop your career. You could help create a web application, research new technologies, work on cutting edge mobile applications, create software test cases, or user guides—the possibilities are endless.
We are seeking an Email Anti-Abuse Engineer Intern who will work under general supervision of the Principal Engineer to improve tools for the technical support group, abuse desk and email operations group. Projects will include scripts and web applications geared towards identifying, analyzing and halting spam from being sent from our multi-million account mail systems.
After an orientation period to learn the process and architecture of Synacor’s software, Interns will be assigned to a development team to assist on current development projects. You’ll be given real work with actual problems to solve. As an intern, you’ll be challenged with helping our engineering teams deliver world-class portal applications.
Due to the nature of the projects, we ask that interns work full time (5 days a week, 40 hours) for a period of 12 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation.
• High skill with most operating system commands/utilities.
• Writing scripts and web applications to combat spam.
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Currently enrolled in Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree program in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network/Systems Administration or a related field
• Linux server administration course work or experience
• Understanding of email systems and protocols
• Programming experience in any applicable language (Java, C, Perl, Ruby).
What you can expect at Synacor:
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...