Here at Synacor we are passionate about investing in the future of tomorrow’s workforce; we strive to provide students with the opportunity to expand their learning beyond the classroom. The Synacor experience goes beyond anything you’ve learned in a classroom. During your internship, you’ll be working on development assignments in a mentoring environment that will enable you to develop your career. You could help create a web application, research new technologies, work on cutting edge mobile or email applications, create software test cases, or user guides—the possibilities are endless.
Synacor is looking for a summer Email Engineer Intern to work under general guidance on our advanced, feature rich webmail client, providing users all the functionality they have come to expect in both web-based as well as desktop email clients. The Email Engineer (Intern) will be a second or third year student with an interest, and background in web development.
After an orientation period to learn the process and architecture of Synacor’s software, Interns will be assigned to a development team to assist on current development projects. You’ll be given real work with actual problems to solve. As an intern, you’ll be challenged with helping our engineering teams deliver world-class portal applications.
Due to the nature of the projects, we ask that interns work full time (5 days a week, 40 hours) for a period of 12 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications in our Email Platform
• Platform and integration with our portal and premium service platforms.
• Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
• Participating in technical planning and architectural exercises.
• Conducting peer reviews in an agile environment.
• Acting as a resource for colleagues.
• Ability to solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
• Ability to Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Currently enrolled in Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree program in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
• Knowledge of SaS, SOA, RESTful, and Agile paradigms as they pertain to web application development, a plus
• Knowledge of XML, SOAP, REST, PHP, PERL, JAVA/JSP/Jersey and Photoshop a plus
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to collaborate
• Excellent attention to detail along with an ability to work directly with internal teams.
• Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
What you can expect at Synacor:
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...