Email Marketing Manager
This position is primarily responsible for the execution of all email, e-campaigns, fundraising communications and donor stewardship to increase revenue and engagement through online giving, donor engagement, program education and advocacy. The Email Marketing Manager works closely with a cross-departmental marketing team that includes Donor Engagement, Public Relations, Information Technology and International Programs teams and outside sources including agencies and vendors.
Develop and execute the email marketing strategy, with a focus on donor life cycle and conversion campaigns.
Develop strategy around reactivation of inactive file, focusing on retaining newly acquired donors and maximizing conversion within the cycle.
Manage the delivery of the content, photography, and design needed to build HTML, text-based emails and mobile email.
Compile statistics, analysis and reports on email performance and online marketing efforts using the Application Service Provider software and other programs as necessary, including Excel.
Assist in developing the user flow for Heifers outbound emails; will write, edit and key copy for campaign pages and set up hyperlinks to landing pages.
Using Heifers email and Content Management System utility, build the outbound emails to ensure compatibility and delivery in multiple email clients and web browsers, smartphones and other digital devices.
Write/proofread/edit website and other e-media content related to email campaigns and online fundraising such as peer to peer.
Develop a testing strategy to continually optimize email performance, from delivery to donation.
Identify, test and implement new opportunities to improve conversion and donor satisfaction via email communications.
Manage and optimize the design, content and layout of all email communications.
Manage with internal/external design, product and marketing stakeholders to develop business cases, campaigns, briefs, effective designs and landing experiences for email initiatives.
Take ownership of email programs to meet the organizations goals.
Develop other push media messages such as short-message and multimedia-message services (SMS and MMS) and Tablet notifications.
Analyze, monitor and communicate performance of email initiatives to business stakeholders.
Maintain email best practices including browser/client rendering and email design.
Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation compliance (e.g. CAN-SPAM).
Track and report email marketing metrics.
Leverage analytics in a collaborative process with key stakeholders to develop, manage and optimize a segmentation model to deliver the right message, at the right time, to the right customer.
May perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors degree plus seven (7) years job-related experience.
Minimum five (5) years project management and email marketing experience including hands-on experience: Implementing and optimizing email campaigns, working closely with design, marketing and/or product teams.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
• Performing analytics to monitor end-to-end campaign performance.
• Taking ownership of programs and working with business stakeholders.
• Experience with and knowledge of Newsletters and transactional email.
• Excellent project management, time management, and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of the non-profit sector with awareness of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
• Knowledge of and experience in the design and execution of A/B and multivariate testing programs online and in email.
• Knowledge of social networks as they relate to email.
• Excellent understanding of email campaign performance metrics.
• Solid understanding of email delivery and deliverability issues.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of and experience working with email service providers (ESPs).
• Knowledge of or experience in agency or large-volume client side email campaigns.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
• Well-versed in English grammar and usage.
• Ability to prepare and present reports in a well-designed and attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
• May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
• Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks and execute overall project plans with a proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Must possess a strong initiative.
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago
It's not just a handout; it's a new way of life. Heifer Project International (known as Heifer International) runs more than 925...