The Email Outreach Coordinator will work with policy, government affairs and campaign experts from across the institution to develop and implement an effective email outreach program. Responsibilities will include understanding overall email strategy, providing best practices for online email engagement, undertaking project management, and developing content. This person will play an important part in our online engagements around campaigns and shaping a compelling narrative via email.
This role will draft, edit and direct other writers and contractors. This role reports to the Director of Online Campaigns and Engagement. This position will be located in the Washington, D.C. office.
Required Skills This position requires an individual with 5+ years of professional experience, with at least 2 years of experience working on online campaigns and/or online marketing. Relevant skills would include:
- Managing and growing email lists
- Identifing advocacy and content opportunities.
- Ability to communicate key information from evolving issues to the rest of the Online Communications Team.
- Ability to conduct various email testing and research as needed
- Experience in applying and using metrics to inform email strategies
- Helping develop email campaigns and associated plans.
- Maintaining the email calendar, in conjunction with other list stakeholders.
- Providing project management to key online campaigns and content.
- Coordinating with NRDC staff and partners.
- Monitoring and assessing content success.
- Educating other NRDC staff about messaging and content best practices.
Candidates should be able to point to their roles in different campaigns and online initiatives.
- An entrepreneurial, proactive attitude with a focus on getting results.
- Comfort working in a campaign environment, and ability to be nimble in content development.
- Strong understanding of current best practices in online communications and able to test new concepts.
- Able to think strategically about campaigns and associated tactics.
- Strong writing skills and able to quickly edit documents.
- Strong analytical skills and a high degree of comfort with budgets and metrics/analytics.
idealist.org - 14 months ago