meltmedia is looking for an Interactive marketing professional who is passionate about the Internet. We were told they’d be wearing red and white stripes and a matching knit cap and they would be hiding in a crowd. Something about Walter? Waldorf? Willow? I dunno... If you keep up with the latest technological trends we have the perfect role for you. meltmedia is a fast growing, dynamic company in the business of interactive design and software development (and apparently finding missing cartoon characters). We’re on our fourth year of inclusion in the Inc. 500/0 list of fastest growing companies.
The eMail Marketing Coordinator is a high-caliber Nerf® rifle. No... It’s a high-caliber professional position that carries out project management related tasks and assists in the coordination, development and deployment of client eMail campaigns. Responsibilities will include performing a wide array of project management duties (e.g., project plan preparation, asset coordination with vendors, project status monitoring and reporting, and support of general site maintenance activities and support for General Winstettler, a persnickety old coot who thinks he’s still in the middle of WWII).
The eMail Marketing Coordinator will have superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail. Let me dovetail the detail into this next sentence: This person thrives in fast-paced situations and can work within constantly changing timelines and tight deadlines and detail. (See how we did that?) The PC should be committed to providing excellence in service while striking a balance between managing client expectations and internal resource bandwidth. If they can do that all while striking a bell to call the kids in for dinner, even better. What on earth? Anywho... Ideally the PC has a background in client communication and account management and has prior experience working with mass email platforms. The PC must enjoy working with a multitude of personalities (not always emanating from just one person, mind you) and has excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Assist in creating and managing project plans and coordinating client communications and project tasks for eMail campaign efforts
· Analyze project metrics to ensure they are meeting business requirements/objectives
· Walk our pet hamsters around Tempe Town Lake every other Thursday, excluding holidays
· Manage the editorial cycle for content updates and review for multiple eMail campaign efforts and report status accordingly
· Manage to ride the editorial unicycle (unless we sold that at the last rummage sale?)
· Attend client meetings/calls where appropriate and document meeting/create meeting minutes and notes to effectively coordinate project activities
· Coordinate template builds with agencies, clients and internal developers
· Assist in the scheduling and deployment of campaigns and updating of campaign deployment calendars (or, if you’re dealing with General Winstettler, pretend to deploy campaigns on the battlefield)
· Create and update campaign book, request tracking codes and test eMails
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
· Minimum 2-3 year project coordination experience, preferably in an agency or consulting environment
· Minimum aluminum chromium pandemonium umm... Yes.
· Knowledge of online media, eMail campaigns and/or web site development
· Knowledge of web technologies and concepts
· Project collaboration techniques: brainstorming, barnstorming, tubthumping, consensus building, basket weaving, teamwork, conflict resolution, etc.
· Willingness to learn new processes and eMail platforms and contribute to overall process improvement and documentation
· Ability to effectively communicate with project managers and/or clients on multiple projects
· Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal direction
· Our Dir. of Project Management is looking over this post wondering just how badly I messed with it. Little does she know that we’ve switched her decaf with twice-caffeinated. Let’s see what happens!
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written skills and proficiency in MS Office
· Proficiency in MS. Pac-Man® optional
· Ability to perform and willingness to learn in a fast moving environment with limited managerial oversight
· Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholding the values of the organization
· Ability to work well as part of a team; to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to building team spirit, aid others to succeed
· Ability to work “ability” into 4 consecutive bullet points (mission accomplished)
· Agency and/or consulting experience highly desirable
· Demonstrated experience of Internet related technologies a plus
· Experience with eMail campaign management a plus
· Experience in the medical or pharmaceutical fields a plus
· A plus B equals C
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or technology related field
· Third grade art not necessary at all
meltmedia | Superheroes unite
We are Interactive Superheroes. meltmedia is an uncommon mix of technology experts, digital strategists and design leaders. We build impactful websites and enterprise-class web and mobile applications, for mid-tier to Fortune 500 Business Superheroes. We specialize in applying leading technologies to public-facing and internally-deployed properties. A plus B doesn’t always equal C. Please know that assertion was for comedic relief and was not intended as remedy for the common cold. This paragraph not evaluated by the FDA. All rights reserved in some states.
We offer a casual, small team, work environment that's high on responsibility, low on politics and right on when it comes to the mix of oxygen in the office atmosphere. We also offer competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare, paid holidays, 401K and paid time off.
Please include salary history/expectations with resume submission. Void where prohibited.
Meltmedia: an enterprise level web application development firm and interactive design agency based in Tempe, Arizona