From ripping the wings off a commercial airliner, to running a Formula 1 racecar to its design limits, to shaking a full-sized house to simulate an earthquake, these are the things we help our customers do. At MTS, we design the test systems that help the best and brightest come up with the next big thing. You’ve probably never heard of us, but you’ve heard of our customers. They’re the ones who are building the wind turbines that will generate tomorrow’s green energy, the tires that will survive grueling laps on a test track, and the jet engines that will keep running even under the most punishing conditions. They come to MTS because we offer the best test equipment in the industry, and they demand leading-edge software to run it.
Imagine being part of a highly collaborative team of experienced engineers helping to shape the future of new technologies used in our test systems. MTS is a place where your contributions have a direct impact on the business and a place where you can expand your technical skill and knowledge developing innovative solutions. As an Embedded Firmware Engineer for MTS, you will be responsible for all phases of firmware development supporting the development and sustaining of controller and data acquisition products used in all testing systems MTS delivers.
- Developing embedded software (hardware layer to application layer) to meet specific system and hardware requirements.
- Developing high-performance (10-100 kHz sample rate) control/data acquisition systems
- Defining and developing custom hardware/software interfaces.
- Debugging and integrating software on product hardware, including board bring-up diagnostic software.
- Developing and executing software unit and functional tests.
- Contribute to general software development needs including Windows application development.
- Design software interface systems for controllers with USB and I/O peripherals.
- Developing components of firmware, Windows device driver, and PC applications.
- Software documentation and procedure development.
- Working with other engineers to develop software and hardware requirements.
- Assisting with design changes or software updates.
- Design, development and provide support of compilers, assemblers, and development tools.
- Collaborating with staff and other engineers to meet project milestones.
- Contribute to requirements and user documentation.
- Provide and maintain documentation to support engineering process.
- Assisting and leading documentation and processes that conform with ISO quality objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or ECE
- 3+ years of experience developing in C & C++ with embedded development emphasis
- 3+ years of experience working with Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
- Experience with reading schematics and datasheets required
- Experience using debugging and diagnostic tools required
- Ability to quickly learn complex system requirements and architectures, translating them into an effective design approach
- Ability to work with minimal direction and ability to formulate and ask questions.
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects, evaluating and prioritizing work to meet business needs.
- Experience with Ethernet communication protocols, including real-time Ethernet technology such as EtherCAT
- Experience with Texas Instruments DSP, ARM, and Altera FPGA Windows based development tools
- Experience with Texas Instruments SYS/BIOS Real-time Operating System
- Experience with USB and I/O peripherals interface programming
Unmatched Solutions and Expertise for Absolute Confidence
Being certain means everything when solving complex engineering challenges. Our products and our reputation depend on it. At MTS Systems Corporation, we collaborate closely with our customers to design, develop and produce higher quality products with greater speed and lower cost. Join our innovative team and help us support our mission to be the leading provider of testing and sensing solutions. By working together, we can help our customers optimize their designs, improve their productivity and bring better products to market faster.
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...