Software engineer will author and maintain Wifi device drivers for embedded Linux and Android platforms.
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain Summit device drivers for ARM Linux platforms
- Assist test engineers with testing new Summit software releases; address issues found during testing
- Assist support engineers with troubleshooting potential software issues; address software issues found
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work with management to establish project Milestones, but otherwise executes project plan with little supervision required.
- Ability to work toward defined objectives with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of new product development processes and work flow
- Detailed knowledge of at least one SBU product line, with general knowledge of related or other SBU product lines.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the "expert" in a particular field.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Good knowledge of a particular technical area within the job responsibility
- Embedded C programming
- TCP/IP Networking
- Familiar with Linux driver development environment
- Strong debugging skills
- Familiarity with Linux BSPs
- Familiar with acquiring and understanding wireless sniffer traces
- Computer networking experience (802.11 wireless LAN experience is a plus)
- Excellent analytical skills, particularly in the realm of software debugging
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills
- The ability to collaborate with team members in multiple locations
- The ability to work on several projects at once and work effectively under pressure
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor''s degree in Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 5-8 years experience
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.