Fitbit is a San Francisco startup that makes a variety of fitness tracking devices that connect to a personal health management website. |
We are building a world-class hardware engineering team and are looking for an Embedded Systems Software Engineer who can play a critical role in leading embedded firmware development for our hardware products. You will have the ability to create features and shape the foundation for our latest products.
Architecture and Debug of Kernel and Driver code Resource management technologies Runtime system and OS Interface design and implementation Code hosting / hypervisor technologies
- At least 5+ years ’ experience writing firmware for shipping products
- Proven Kernel and Operating System skills:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of modern microprocessor and microcontroller architecture - instruction sets, buses, peripherals
- Solid understanding of hardware debug approaches (probing, measuring, etc.)
- Experience with embedded Kernels/RTOS
- Experience writing code for ultra-low-power and low memory footprint designs.
- Experience implementing the relevant technologies on ARM, MSP430 or comparable embedded platforms
This position is located at Fitbit headquarters in San Francisco, CA
About Fitbit Inc.
Fitbit is a consumer electronics company inspiring people to live healthier lifestyles. The startup°s flagship product is the Fitbit Tracker, which measures the wearer°s movement in three dimensions and calculates steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep activity. The Tracker syncs wirelessly to Fitbit.com, where users can input additional data and track their fitness using a plethora of charts and graphs, participate in group challenges, and more.
The Fitbit Tracker has won numerous prestigious industrial design awards and has been reviewed positively in the Wall Street Journal, Wired, Forbes, New York Times, Glamour, and others.
“Using the Fitbit Tracker is like having a personal trainer, nutritionist and sleep doctor attached to your hip at all times, ” wrote Claire Cain Miller in the New York Times.
“Fitbit by a mile, ” said Tim O ’Reilly at TechCrunch50 in 2009. “They understand what kind of business they are in. They know how their gonna make money. ”
Fitbit was founded in 2007 by longtime technology entrepreneurs James Park and Eric Friedman. The company is well capitalized and is backed in part by Foundry Group, True Ventures, and SoftTech VC.
Founded in 2007 in San Francisco, CA, Fitbit is dedicated to delivering simple, innovative health and fitness products and services that...