Software Engineer responsible for the architectural design and implementation of an embedded platform for data acquisition and control of a network of distributed nodes and the communications required to interface with a server side architecture handling the control and collection of that data.
- Design a communications protocol used to send/receive data, commands and configurations from a server-side component
- Architect a common library implementing this protocol that mayu be deployed on a number of embedded devices
- Produce firmware engineering design documents from product requirements specifications, and effectively communicate those designs to colleagues and managers
- Develop test plans for firmware/hardware design-proof testing and feasibility studies with regard to cost and schedule for specified firmware designs
- Provide technical support to Customers and work directly with them, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines
- Write technical papers on significant findings or inventions that can be used as a sales training aid help promote new products or be published in technical journals
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields affecting the firmware and systems sciences
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Define project scope, deliverables and team requirements and execute program plans with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and work flows.
- Working knowledge of at most all CPBU product lines, with detailed knowledge of two or more CPBU product lines.
- Guides team as the "expert" in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around expertise
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Demonstrated Mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility
- 7-10 years of embedded development experience is required (Linux, Android, and/or Windows CE)
- TCP/IP networking is desired
- C/C++ programming experience is required
- Network security, data security and encryption knowledge (encryption algorithms) is required
- API development is desired
- Wireless networks (Wifi, Bluetooth, cellular) is strongly desired
- Some XML, JSON experience is required
- Bachelor''s degree in software engineering or computer science or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of integrated circuit hardware fundamentals and microprocessor functionality.
- Knowledge of PC system architecture.
- 7-10 years of experience
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 13 months ago