EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. For more than three decades, EchoStar’s contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
EchoStar is currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer for our office in Atlanta, GA to participate in the development of converging video, audio, and data technologies in the exciting area of consumer entertainment applications.
- Design, develop, and debug software in C on Linux for embedded products deployed in the millions
- Work within a development team using issue tracking and source code management systems
- Analyze technical requirements and propose implementations
- Produce world-class innovations by brainstorming and expressing ideas quickly though prototyping solutions
- Build quality products that work as they should and last for years
- Improve existing code efficiency and maintainability
- Document design concepts and implementation details
- Collaborate with experts in our field while continuing an exciting, rewarding, and fun team results environment
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, with 3 or more years of experience or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering with 0-3 years of experience
- Experience working in an embedded development environment
- Embedded device driver and multi-threaded programming experience
- Application development experience on Linux
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)
EchoStar - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...