Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes. Crestron's leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. This culmination of loyalty, devotion and innovation is what our dealers refer to as "The Crestron Experience." Crestron’s firmware team is looking for a talented and self-motivated engineer with strong embedded software development experience who can apply his/her expertise in our next generation systems. As a member of the firmware development team, your daily activities will include the full lifecycle of design, develop, modify, test, debug, and support new and existing embedded software for our Control Systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time applications for Windows CE based products in C, C++, & C# development environments.
- Work closely with other software and hardware engineers to solve design issues.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new device features on multiple platforms
- Responsible for integrating and controlling 3 rd party applications on multiple platforms.
- Responsible for the maintenance of current software including: feature enhancements, performance increases, troubleshooting, testing, and bug fixing.
- Interfacing software applications with other devices and control systems
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
Education/Experience: We need a creative engineer, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. You will have a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. In addition we require: A minimum of 2 years of proven experience developing and debugging embedded applications for Windows CE. Must have strong C, C++, and C# skills. Must have a good understanding of RTOS constructs. Must have working experience with the .NET CF Must have experience with: Device Driver interfaces File system operations Multi-threaded architectures TCP/UDP client and server implementations Experience debugging embedded systems where step debugging may not be available. Experience with resource constrained processors (e.g. ARM). Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, J1939, ISO11783, TCP/IP, etc.) are also beneficial. Other Skills: · Must have strong written and verbal communication skills detail · Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls · Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product · Must have the ability to work in a fast moving environment · Must possess a strong team orientation · Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Crestron Electronics - 12 months ago
Crestron Electronics doesn't mind if its customers have control issues. The company provides hardware and software used to control and...