Who We Are
OnLive enables and delivers media-rich experiences over the Internet at the speed of light, so people and enterprises can do whatever they want the instant they want. Play high-end games on any OS. Access fully functional apps from a mobile device. Browse the entire web at unparalleled speeds. OnLive makes it possible by unlocking the full power and potential of the cloud!
We are looking for an experienced embedded software engineer for our client area. You will work in the team responsible for developing and porting the OnLive client to several different TV and mobile platforms to help expand the reach of our gaming platform. We are looking for an individual contributor capable of working in a team with minimal supervision. You should be hard-working with a creative mind eager to help make OnLive the best and most ambitious gaming platform on the market!
* Port the OnLive client to new embedded platforms (like TVs, set-top boxes or DVD players) to expand the reach of the platform to millions of additional users.
* Design and implement new features for the client application software.
* Continuously improve high-performance code to enhance the user experience in a variety of networking environments.
Write and help others to create robust, maintainable code.
* BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
* 5+ years of experience in C/C++ embedded software programming in Linux environments.
* Strong object oriented design and debugging skills.
* Experience with real-time systems and multi-threaded programming.
* Knowledge of topics such as video/audio codecs.
* Understanding of network protocols, particularly those used for multi-media delivery.
* Experience with performance optimization tools and techniques.
* Willingness to jump into new areas and take ownership.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical abilities.
- Experience developing device drivers and troubleshooting hardware is a plus.
- Experience with Bluetooth and IEEE 802.11X standards is a plus.
- Experience on Android based platforms (or alternative base knowledge of Java) is a plus.
OnLive - 22 months ago