The Software Engineer I position is an entry level engineering position that requires knowledge of fundamental software engineering principles. Under close supervision the scope of work is routine in nature and will consist of a series of detailed steps that require the use of readily available references to support the creation of robust software applications that integrate into our products.
The Software Engineer I will work cross functionally with Purchasing, Quality, Production, Field Test, Manufacturing, and Service. They will assist with new product documentation, test plans, product specifications, test equipment and experiments, prototypes versions of newly designed equipment, reviewing and resolving production issues and failure analysis.
The overall scope of work is routine in nature and consists of a series of detailed steps. The position requires the use of readily available references, and the development of clear solutions to problems.
Bachelor’s degree in software or electrical engineering, or computer science
If a Master’s Degree in software or electrical engineering or computer science is held, substitutions may be made for the Bachelor’s degree,
Master’s degree in software or electrical engineering, or computer science.
0-3 years working knowledge and design skills in:
- Firmware development using an interrupt driven framework or Real-Time Operating System
- Object oriented user interface design for graphic displays
- 8/16/32-bit Microcontroller Development using C, or C++
- Knowledge of Controller Area Network communications and protocol analysis
- Coding to a Coding Standard and following Source Revision Control procedures
ARM7, ARM Cortex, C167, Soft-core processors in FPGAs
- Familiarity with the following micros is a plus:
Object oriented Graphical User Interface design using C, or C++
Familiarity with the following software development tools: PC Lint, MKS Integrity, IAR Embedded Workbench
- Embedded Linux application development and debugging
- Real-Time Operating System application and configuration experience
- Digital logic, memory, and signal processing
- Worst-case timing analysis over temperature specification
- Knowledge of the following CAN protocols: ISO 11783, J1939 and NMEA2000
- Vector CANoe CAN bus and protocol analysis
- Communication interfaces: USB, RS485, RS232, SPI, I2C, Zigbee
Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project)
TechStaff, Inc - 12 months ago