Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 9.4 billion in 2010. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 22,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon’s three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, www.alcon.com .
Medical Device Company in Irvine, CA (Orange County) is currently seeking a Software Engineer with embedded application experience for medical instrumentation development.
Overall Summary: This developer w ill be responsible for the design, development, integration and testing of computer controlled electromechanical devices.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Define and develop requirements for embedded real time systems
· Hold design reviews supporting the development of embedded systems
· Define and execute verification plans for embedded systems
· Bachelor degree in related computer engineering field (EE/CS/CE)
· Minimum 9 years of e mbedded software development experience using C/C++ programming languages and real-time operating systems
· Image-processing experience involving image enhancement and feature detection algorithms
· Experience developing applications for embedded microcontrollers and peripherals such as SPI, UART, CAN, CMOS image sensor interface and control algorithms
· Knowledge of lab equipment such as multi-meters, scopes, etc
· Proven track record developing and delivering projects in a structured environment
· Must be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity. Pre-employment drug testing.
• Bachelor degree in related computer engineering field (EE/CS/CE)
• Minimum 9 years of embedded software development experience using C/C++ programming languages and real-time operating systems
• Image-processing experience
Novartis - 23 months ago