Beats by Dr. Dre has seen 300% growth year over year for the last 3 years running and there’s no signs of slowing down. They are moving aggressively into several new product categories and are looking for talented, innovative, people to help lead the efforts.
The embedded software manager is responsible for every phase of the embedded software (firmware) development lifecycle, including requirements, managing the design and development of the solution, as well as its documentation, release and delivery. The role also includes managing a team of firmware/embedded software engineers. As such, the ideal candidate is expected to have a wide variety of experience and expertise, able to collaborate cross-functionally across the product development organization to ensure a consistent software development environment and highest level of product delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Define and execute software development strategy and roadmap.
- Take ownership and manage the software product requirement and specification docs.
- Lead embedded software engineers, collaborate with web developers and mobile apps developers along with UI/UX designers to define use cases and develop cutting edge products with differentiated features.
- Lead design, feasibility, estimation/planning using industry standard methodologies and tools
- Effectively, communicate design, execution plan and risk to various stakeholders, customers and management.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as software development as an engineer/architect with demonstrated experience in embedded systems.
- Minimum 2 years of managing product lifecycle from cradle to grave, as a product/program manager or software manager.
- Strong background in translating customer needs to product requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to maximize the potential of individual contributors and be a mentor to junior software engineers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
PeopleOps - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
We deliver Executive Recruiting and scalable end to end candidate development for the world's largest organizations and some of the most...