Headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, Core Health & Fitness, LLC is the holding company for Core Industries, LLC (dba Star Trac) and Core Fitness, LLC (dba StairMaster) - two of the most well-known fitness solutions providers in the fitness and wellness industry today. Founded by Michael Bruno, Core Health & Fitness, LLC’s mission is to be a leading health and fitness solutions company.
The growth of the organization will be driven by product and program innovation, customer experience, and profitability and will be delivered through internationally recognized, powerful brands. Whether you are a seasoned professional seeking a change or an up-and-coming employee wanting to further establish your career, Core Health & Fitness is a great choice. You will join a close-knit team and contribute to supporting domestic and international operations. Here, we value your individual contribution as well as your confident, take-charge demeanor in being the go-to person for coordinating team efforts. We promote a collaborative environment that encourages individual thinking and leadership. Here, everyone counts.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer to join our growing organization. The Embedded Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining electronic components, equipment, systems, and firmware for fitness product development efforts. Troubleshoot to identify root cause and implement corrective actions on existing platforms. Provide guidance to complex problems. Identify and integrate new technologies into new product development efforts. Work with partner companies in defining system level requirements and work closely with team implementing projects.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
Specific Job Requirements
- Create new product and features ideas, identify new technologies, prototype new concepts and communicate ideas with marketing for potential new product development efforts.
- Architect hardware design solutions. Helpful if candidate can design digital circuits, firmware applications, microprocessor-based board level design, printed circuit board layout, digital signal processing, and real time embedded multi-processor design.
- Document, design, and develop code in C for embedded microcontrollers. The qualified individual will have knowledge in implementing firmware for sampling ADCs, performing serial communications using various protocols (e.g. RS-232, SPI, I2C, etc.), driving multiplexed LEDs, keypad scanning, and motor control. Familiarity with the Atmel AVR family of microcontrollers is desired.
- Develop and implement design strategy to meet all regulatory and certification requirements.
- Develop and implement test requirements to confirm designs meet requirements.
- Assemble experimental circuitry utilizing through-hole or surface mount (breadboard) components or complete prototype model.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry. Modifies components and records their effects on unit performance.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by electrical engineering and management personnel.
- Provides for fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment.
- Performs electronic engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, telemeter, record, and reduce test data.
- Reviews product support customer returns and determines root cause of failures.
- Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Assist other engineers or scientists with testing and data acquisition needs as it relates to embedded hardware and firmware. Assist in sustaining of firmware on existing products, as needed, for adding of new features or elimination of bugs. Assist in defining the future roadmap for embedded architectures.
- Conduct other aspects of software/firmware development including, but not limited to, writing system requirements specifications, design descriptions, test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
- Must also be able to coordinate development activities with 3rd party engineering firms.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must be proficient with analog and digital electronics design and have experience is using CAD/CAE tools such as Matlab, OrCAD, Protel, SPICE, etc.
- Experience in using in-circuit emulators and various test equipment (i.e. volt meters, oscilloscopes, frequency generators, etc.) is desired.
- Experience in working with Linux based embedded platforms is desired.
Core Health & Fitness is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status, or Vietnam-era veteran status. If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance in applying for a position with Core Health & Fitness, please call our Human Resources Department at 360-836-3622 or email us directly at email@example.com and direct assistance will be provided.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- 7+ years of related experience and/or training is a must.
- Local candidates preferred.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.