To perform clerical and receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Capital Regional Medical Center. Provide quality care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CRMC.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of intermediate patient care, to include vital signs, venipuncture, urinary catheterization, cardiac monitoring, and 12 lead EKG.
2. Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
3. Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients right to privacy and protection of patient’s confidentiality.
5. Plans, organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and the Registered Nurse.
6. Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
7. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
9. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
10. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
11. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
12. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
13. May have access to the designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
14. As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request (a.k.a. Code Grey).
15. Other duties as assigned.
EMT-B certificate from State of Florida, Florida Certified Nursing Assistants license, Medical Assistant or Military Medic/Corpsman training.
BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Unit secretary skills preferred
Cardiac monitoring preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Read and writes Basic English
Ability to use a computer and calculator
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
HCA Inc - 10 months ago
HCA dispenses TLC for a profit. HCA Holdings, through HCA, Inc. (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care,...