Must attend NLN accredited school.
- Must have diploma or certificate of completion of EMT training if applicable.
- High school diploma.
- Completion of EMT training if applicable, or must have completed Junior Year Nursing Program; rising senior
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- 1-3 years previous clinical health care experience preferred.
- Ability to perform clinical technical tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages.
- Basic knowledge of growth and development.
The Emergency Dept Technician I provides direct and indirect care duties under the guidance and direction of the registered nurse. He/she is responsible for implementing components of the plan of care through the initiation and or completion of procedures relating to: comfort, safety, and emergency measures; activities of daily living; nutrition and fluid needs; and elimination needs. He/she performs non-direct care support functions, utilizes a variety of non-invasive technical skills, and performs other duties to support the operations of a 24-hour Emergency Department.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 2 years ago
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...