Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Basic Duties :
This position provides general emergency and routine care to inmate patients including initial examination upon in-take and responding to day-to-day medical issues with inmate patients and responding to medical emergencies.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Employment Requirements :
- Requires successful completion of an Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic course.
- Requires unrestricted license, certification, or registration as an EMT-B, EMT-I, or EMT-P in state of practice with current CPR/BCLS certification and ACLS as required (EMT-P)
- Prior experience in a correctional or jail setting preferred.
Physical Requirements : Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies to meet 4-minutes or less emergency response time requirement of the facility.
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.