Requires a Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional work experience in emergency management, education, public or business administration, operational planning or research. Additional work experience, as described above, may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis. Must be able to obtain a US Department of Homeland Security Secret Level Clearance and a Protected Critical Infrastructure Information (PCII) certification. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks and background investigation. Application Procedures:
Applicants must submit a cover letter, State of ND Application for Employment Form (SFN10950) and a detailed resume to Office of the Adjutant General, ATTN: Cindy Pazdernik
PO Box 5511, Bismarck, ND 58506-5511 or fax to (701) 333-2067 ATTN: Cindy Pazdernik or e-mail the application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application forms are available from any ND Job Service office, Human Resource Management Services, or on the web at www.nd.gov/hrms .
Contact Cindy Pazdernik at (701) 333-2082 for more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Provide administrative support for emergency and disaster response for the Department of Emergency Services under the Office of the Adjutant General. Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
- Manage the state’s critical infrastructure and key resources (CIKR) program.
- Coordinate with the US Department of Homeland Security regarding Level 1/Level 2 asset lists, Special Events and other data calls.
- Promote and conduct site assistance visits, vulnerability assessments and other programs for critical infrastructure facilities in concert with the ND State and Local Intelligence Center (SLIC).
- Develop All Source Anti-Terrorism Summary reports for private and state critical infrastructure partners and disseminate sensitive and/or open source information relevant to critical infrastructure sectors as appropriate.
- Serve as security manager for NDDES. Maintain and manage classified information and systems for SLIC and NDDES and manage security clearances.
- Provide oversight and supervision of law enforcement information liaison assigned to the SLIC.
- Identify training opportunities for private sector and law enforcement personnel.
- Conduct presentations and briefings as required.
- Serve as a 24/7 duty officer on a rotating basis to coordinate assistance in response to emergencies and disasters and assist with operations.
- Serve in an Incident Command System (ICS) position during State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) activation.
- Develop plans, checklists, standard operating procedures, etc. as necessary.
- Support Operations and Planning Section requirements as directed by the Operations and Planning Section Chief.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office software.
- Perform additional duties as required or assigned.
- In-state and out-of-state travel is required.
- May be required to work extra hours during emergency operations.