The Registered Staff Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The nurse possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices. The practice of the Registered Nurse will support the mission, vision and values of The Medical Center of Plano and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
Provide care in an evidenced-based environment.
Practice autonomously, consistent with practice standards and research based policy/procedures.
Exercise independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care.
Provide care/treatment/services within the theoretical framework of synergy.
- Delegate tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
- Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
- Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements.
- Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- Document pertinent data in a concise manner.
- Participate in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
- Actively participate in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
TX RN license.
BLS and ACLS.
Minimum two years trauma E.R. RN experience.
Since opening our doors in 1975, The Medical Center of Plano has provided Plano and Collin County with superior healthcare. We've built our...