InGenesis, Inc. is seeking highly qualified Registered Nurses to provide PRN coverage for the Emergency Room (ER) at Walter Reed National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD. Part-time or full-time hours are available with a particular need for overnight shifts.
The Emergency Room (ER) Registered Nurse will be expected to provide the following services:
- Ability to react to any emergency situation, e.g. cardiac or respiratory arrest, hemorrhage, shock, severe physical trauma and psychiatric reaction.
- Serves as a member of the resuscitation team.
- Assess patients' conditions for potential or life-threatening crises. Distinguish between normal and abnormal physical findings (from physical assessment and vital sign assessment).
- Plan appropriate nursing care as set forth by the facility.
- Operate defibrillator, EKG machine, and cardiac monitor.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate plans/actions and collaborate with a diverse healthcare team for the benefit of the patient, family and organization. Effectively educate patients and families regarding involvement in the plan of care, promotion of self care, management of symptoms, and follow-up care.
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic.
- Demonstrate ability to obtain, assess, and report critical lab or diagnostic results to patient’s physician in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to act on all medical and therapeutic orders in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate and adhere to peri-operative, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate proper preparation of patient’s for treatments and procedures, to include surgical interventions. Provide proper care and evaluation of post-procedural patients.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent including dosage calculations.
- Knowledgeable in administrative requirements for the documentation of patient's condition, progress and acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Participates in customer service initiatives and medical readiness activities designed to enhance health services.
- Participates in the orientation, training and evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned personnel.
- Reports to the Nurse Manager and takes directions and work assignments from the Charge Nurse and House Supervisor.
- Demonstrates good time management skills.
If interested, please apply online or email your resume to: nperry at ingenesis dot org
- Minimum of one year full-time experience as a RN within the last three years.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree in Nursing.
- Current BLS/ACLS/PALS; TNCC or CEN.
- Valid unrestricted RN license from any state, territory or commonwealth of the U.S.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must undergo complete credentialing, privileging and occupational health requirements prior to approval to start work. Occupational health includes proof of immunizations, medical physical and HIV testing.
- Must currently have or be able to obtain a federal government security clearance. Federal government security clearances require a 10 year background investigation.
- Must self-register with the National Practitioners Databank (NPDB).
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
Learn more at www.ingenesis.org
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
InGenesis - 12 months ago