Compassionate care defines the healthcare experience and the commitment of the people of Emerus . From a wide variety of medical care, and across different brands, a patient-centered approach is what defines and drives this company specializing in the delivery of emergency medical and inpatient care. A network of licensed hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms provides convenient access for patients of all ages and acuity levels. Under its flagship brand or through partnerships with large healthcare systems, Emerus puts its focus on the complete patient experience through the hard work of dedicated physicians and experienced nursing and clinical staff committed to providing the kind of efficient, compassionate care they would want for their own families.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical assistance and supportive patient care to meet the needs of individual patients throughout assigned areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collect, report, and document clinical data. Take vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, pulse oximetry, and collect specimens
- Assist with patient activities and care as assigned by the charge nurse/designee as indicated by the patient’s plan of care
- Provide for superficial wound care
- Provide for patient safety related to age and condition
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Provide and maintain a clean, safe environment and perform and/or assist others to perform proper aseptic technique, isolation procedures, and infection control measures
- Assist with the admission, transfer, and discharge of the patient
Other Job Functions:
- Prepare patients and chaperone during examinations/procedures or assists with other patient treatments
- Maintains patient care areas with appropriate supplies
- Assist with patient restraints and maintain precautions; collect, report and document data related to patient needs/emergencies and unusual patient and family behavior
- High School Diploma or GED and completion of at least one of the following technical programs:
- Completion of a recognized Nurse Assistant program and one year of hospital experience (or)
- Completion of Medical Corpsman program and one year of hospital experience (or)
- Completion of EMT course/program and one year of hospital experience
- Is enrolled in a recognized School of Nursing and has completed the first semester of education which contains clinical concepts and health assessment (or) the equivalent and has had one year of hospital experience
- Maintain BLS and ACLS certifications
Emerus - 30+ days ago
But more often than not, we are not treated that way in a traditional emergency room. Seeing an opportunity to create a more compassionate a...