The American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization, led by volunteers, that provides relief to victims of disaster and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. It does this through services that are consistent with its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The American Red Cross is the foremost volunteer emergency service organization in the United States with more than 590 chapters nationwide.
Coordinates assigned casework services for clients and their families. Acts as a liaison between client/family, Red Cross and external agencies/organizations to ensure necessary assistance is provided promptly and effectively.
- Develops cadre of volunteers who manage casework across all lines of service including Disaster Services, Service to Armed Forces, International Services, and Utility Services.
- Through the support of the Emergency Services Manager, oversee, and support execution of specific program elements in Disaster Services, Service to Armed Forces, International Services, and Utility Services as assigned.
- Manages the client assistance performance planning surveys (CAPSS) and their timely completion.
- Provides direct casework services in all Emergency Services programs when volunteer caseworkers are not available.
- Works with Emergency Services Manager, leadership volunteers and Volunteer Coordinator to help support the recruitment, training, placement, recognition, and volunteer development for volunteers across all lines of service including disaster relief volunteers; and as requested being available to support within the region
1. Conducts assessment to determine level of assistance and establish eligibility requirement for services. Creates case plans that involve actions for positive outcomes for clients impacted by disaster.
2. Identifies and assists client and family in casework process for services through the Red Cross and/or other agencies/organizations. Assesses eligibility for financial assistance and processes through CARDWIZ (debit card) system.
3. Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of client and family members; assistance with coping skills, stress management and anticipatory grief and grief reaction.
4. Provides ongoing support for client and family; monitor and document status. Utilizes Client Assistance System to generate electronic client case file.
5. Maintains accurate client/family service statistics and generate reports in accordance with Chapter and National Headquarters standards. Tracks metrics using Client Assistance System or other database.
6. Identifies, develops and maintains key relationships with external partners to promote Red Cross services and programs.
7. Recruits, trains and works with volunteers and treats all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone.
8. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please visit our website at:
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Education: Bachelor degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology or related field or combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: 1 year of casework experience in a social service or related environment. Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
Management Experience: N/A
Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Collects and researches data. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Manages difficult or emotional client situations. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Works with integrity and ethically; maintains confidentiality.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel: May involve field work.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work may be performed in various settings such as indoors, in the field or any other setting that is determined appropriate to provide adequate services; with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster responseorganization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
American Red Cross - 9 months ago
A specialist in dealing with events beyond its control, The American National Red Cross offers disaster relief, shelter, and other...