Coordinates and serves as a resource for daily operations of a Chapter program or service. Acts as a liaison between program or service and its internal and external partners.
1. Implements and coordinates the day-to-day functions that support program or service operations.
2. Coordinates recruitment, training, support, recognition and deployment of volunteers and staff enrolled in Disaster Services Human Resources (DSHR) system.
3. Collaborates with local governmental and community organizations to ensure effective preparedness, readiness and response outcomes during disaster lifecycle.
4. Coordinates basic, intermediate and advanced disaster and related department courses/workshops. Teaches as applicable.
5. Participates on small scale projects which require researching issues, information, data collection, and development of recommendations.
6. Collaborates and supports staff and volunteers in coordinating department’s efforts and participation in internal and external drills/exercises.
7. Develops workable program or service implementation plans.
8. Maintains records, reports and statistical data in accordance to National and Chapter standards.
9. Ensures completeness and accuracy of DSHR database information.
10. Collects preliminary client information and refers client to appropriate Red Cross and community services.
11. Independently resolves minor problems and issues which may impact program or service delivery or outcomes.
12. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expect that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
13. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Education: High School or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2-4 years of administrative experience. Ability to manage multiple priorities and have strong skills in planning and problem-solving. Ability to perform tasks with minimal direction and supervision.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills and Abilities: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates attention to detail. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Maintains confidentiality; works ethically and works with integrity.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel: May involve work in the field.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout Chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
American Red Cross - 13 months ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...