United States-Michigan-Auburn Hills
This position is responsible for the timely preparation and submission of vehicle emission certification documents (including applications, running changes and field fixes) to the appropriate government agencies. This position is also responsible for the timely preparation and submission of Onboard Diagnostic (OBD) system documentation to the appropriate government agencies, and the entry of test vehicle emission certification data into government databases.
Note: Submission of most documents to the government agencies is by electronic means.
- Prepare, review, and edit annual emission certification applications and submit to appropriate government agencies.
- Prepare, review, and edit other emission certification-related documents (e.g., running changes and field fixes), and submit to the appropriate government agencies.
- Input Volkswagen Group vehicle emission test data into government databases.
- Monitor the status of the emission certification process to ensure that certification is completed in time to support vehicle market introduction.
- Analyze and distribute vehicle emission test data for vehicles that have been tested at government agency test laboratories.
- Prepare, review, and edit Onboard Diagnostic system document submissions and correspondence between the factory and government agencies.
- Monitor the status of the Onboard Diagnostic system approval process to ensure that approval is received in time to support the emission certification process and vehicle market introduction.
- Closely communicate with certification and technical groups at the Volkswagen Group development and emission certification centers (Volkswagen, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, and Bugatti).
- Assist in making arrangements for the shipment and receipt of test vehicles, to support groups' activities.
Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering/Technical Discipline desired
Required Specialized Skills
- 1-3 years experience in Emissions/Regulatory/Certification field
Desired Specialized Skills
- Basic understanding of vehicle emission control systems and onboard diagnostics.
- Basic understanding of emission regulations and emission certification procedures.
- Proficiency with standard business software; basic knowledge of and ability to learn the function of computer databases.
- Direct experience with emission certification and emission testing.
- Direct experience with onboard diagnostic system applications.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Minimal amount of travel required.
- Work schedule can be somewhat flexible (e.g., flextime, or compressed work week). Must be available to contact colleagues at European locations and government agencies across the U.S. and Canada.
Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer headquartered in Wolfsburg, Lower Saxony, Germany.