This organization administers employment-based health and wellness benefits for multiple employers, operating much like a large employer's benefits department. The purpose of this job is to educate and inform the plan participants about their healthcare and wellness benefits and the administrative and enrollment rules and processes.
- Prepares written content by researching benefits and wellness issues and by collaboration with co-workers and vendors.
- Writes for a diverse audience with regard to education and reading ability.
- Prepares internal communications by designing, writing, editing, and proofreading newsletters, brochures, flyers, Summary Plan Descriptions, etc.
-Creates and generates enrollment materials, including benefit guides and enrollment forms, during annual enrollment and throughout the Plan year.
- Coordinates with print vendors by placing orders; developing and issuing instructions, obtaining proof approvals; expediting production; and arranging for delivery and distribution.
- Works with web hosting and design vendors and social media to build out content and enhance user experience.
- Help staff by answering and referring questions, preparing and assembling letters and other print materials, and responding to requests.
- Maintains benefits industry knowledge by attending educational webinars and reviewing/researching professional publications.
- Writing, research, desktop publishing, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, oral communication skills,ability to think logically and critically, and strong organization skills.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of professional experience (including internship positions). Experience in insurance, healthcare or benefits is preferred but not required. Bachelor’
s degree in Communications, Journalism, Business or related field that combines writing and business skills.
Healthcare benefits eligible after three months of employment; one year for 401(k) and LTD. Medical plan has a $150,000 annual maximum until November 2014.
City of Louisville, KY
- 2 years ago - save job